Dancia International – Privacy Notice
- When do we collect your personal data?
- What sort of data do we collect?
- How and why we use your data?
- How do we protect your data?
- How long will we keep your data?
- What Are your rights over your personal data?
- How can you stop your data being used for marketing purposes?
- Third party links
- Contacting the regulator
This Privacy Notice explains in detail what personal data Dancia International may collect about you when you interact with us. It also will explain how we will store and handle that data, to keep it safe.
We hope that the following sections will be able to answer any questions you may have, but if not please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please note: When you are using the Dancia International website, the data controller is Dancia Ltd.
- When you visit the Dancia website.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you make an online purchase.
- When you make a purchase or place an order in store.
- When you sign up to email communications from Dancia.
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you join the Dancia loyalty programme
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you book an appointment.
- When you visit our retail shops your image may be recorded on CCTV.
- If you create an online account with us: Your name, billing/delivery address, orders, receipts, email and telephone number.
- Details of your visits to our website
- Personal details which help us to recommend items of interest
- Payment card information
- Your comments and product reviews
- Your social media username, only if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments and feedback.
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our retail shops.
- To process any orders that you make in store or using our website. If we do not collect your data during the checkout process, we will be unable to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- To respond to your queries, refund/return requests and complaints.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV, fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. Our aim is to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email about relevant products, personalised promotions, discounts, offers, events, competitions and so on. You are free to opt-out of hearing from us at any time.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To administer the Dancia loyalty card programme, based on your consent given at the time of subscribing.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
We understand how important the security of personal data is to all of our customers. With this in mind, we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
Our website is secured with ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data is secured to ensure it is protected.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- For example, when you withdraw consent or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of a warranty).
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that Dancia holds at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Data Protection Officer, Dancia International, Crown House, Crown Road, Portslade, East Sussex, BN41 1SH. To ask for your information to be amended, please update your online account, or contact our Customer Services team.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. This will stop you receiving any communications via email by Dancia.
- If you have an account, log into your Dancia account and change your preferences.
- Write to Dancia International, Crown House, Crown Road, Portslade, East Sussex, BN41 1SH.
- Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
You may mind find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (opens in a new window; please note we can't be responsible for the content of external websites).
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence. Details can be found in Section 16.